7/28/11

Wamare (Let Us Love)

As I have fallen more and more in love with the people around me here, I have realized more and more what it means that God is love. Each of us is supposed to live a life worthy of the calling that God has put on our lives. We are called to walk in His way and surrender ourselves to the guidance of the Holy Spirit each and every day. We are called to be more like Jesus Christ, who was and is and will always be love. What would it look like to not just give love or do loving things, but to BE love?

It is so easy for me to love these girls that I have been spending every day with here. I see the light of our Savior so clearly in each of them. I have poured my heart into theirs and they have loved me like one of their own. It is going to be so hard to leave them in a few days. It is hard for me to think about right now, but I know that I can love them well no matter the physical distance between us. Our God is a God of abundance. Any love that I have shown these children, He will show them endless amounts more. It will feel like my heart is breaking when I leave them, but they do not need me and I do not need them. The love of our Father in heaven is so much more than enough. "It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." (1 Corinthians 13:7) Protection, trust, hope, and perseverance is more than any man or woman on this earth could ever give these precious girls. Bwana jireh. The Lord will provide.

"Love the Lord your God, and love one another. Love one another as He loves. Love with strength and purpose and passion no matter what comes against you. Don't weaken. Stand against the darkness and love. That's the way back to life."- Francis Chan

"Nothing exceeds Your power, nothing is too great for You to do, nothing too good for You to give. Infinite is Your might, boundless is Your love, limitless is Your grace, glorious Your saving name."- Valley of Vision

Again, I cannot thank y'all enough for any prayers that you have prayed for me and for these children of God that I have been so blessed by. I am praying for a lot of you too. I miss y'all and I'll see you soon!




"May I feel that I am a stranger on this earth and whatsoever I do may it be done in my Savior's name."
-Bailey-

No comments:

Post a Comment